If you are in a cozy carriage, villages, cities, forests and mountains are flying past like in a dream, you are relaxed and serene, then this is not a reason to completely forget that the railway is a zone of increased danger, including for those who are who is inside the cozy trailers.
Regardless of the distance of the trip, you need to remember several important things that will guarantee your safety and a happy arrival at your destination.
The experts spoke about the basic rules for safe travel by rail.
1. It is recommended to arrive at the station at least 15-20 minutes before departure. Listen carefully to the dispatchers' messages and make sure once again that your ticket is valid and that you are on the platform where the train is about to be served.
2. On any platform there is a yellow or white line - do not go behind it until the train stops and opens the doors in front of you, otherwise you may be hit by a train.
3. It is worth learning in advance how to use a stop-tap, sockets, air conditioning, where to get water and how to use the toilet on the train. By the way, if the train is in the sanitary zone, the toilet will be closed. As a rule, we are talking about the territories of cities and large settlements.
4. Do not leave your luggage unattended: if it does not interest the robbers, it may cause a security service to appear. In addition, it is not uncommon for a passenger to leave luggage unattended for a few minutes, and then forget where he left it.
5. During the trip, do not let the children lean out of the window and do not do it yourself. This could lead to fatal tragedy if an oncoming train travels. Yes, of course, in order to reach the oncoming train with your head out of the window, you need to try very hard, but it is not necessary that you will be hit by the train rushing at great speed. Not so long ago in Europe, there was a tragicomic case when passengers of both oncoming trains at the same time leaned out the windows and hit each other, while the speed of each of the trains was about 80 km / h, i.e. in total, the speed was 160 km / h. They had no chance to survive.
You should also be wary of garbage that the passengers of your train or oncoming one may throw out the window. There is a risk that garbage can fly into your compartment, but it is even more annoying if it hits you in the face when you enjoy the romance of the railways, leaning out of the window.
6. If you are traveling in the same compartment (carriage) with people you do not know, then you should not trust them, as if you have known each other all your life. The "principle of restrictive trust" would be most appropriate here. Do not accept offers from random fellow travelers to drink alcoholic beverages or play cards for money, especially since drinking alcohol on trains is strictly prohibited according to the rules. If the passenger is intoxicated, the conductor can call the transport police and then the trip for him will end in the department.
7. If possible, it is better not to travel alone in the evening and at night. But if you are alone, then at night experienced travelers recommend tying bed linen to the ladder on the second tier and the door handle. This is done so that a stranger does not open the door and enter the compartment, but not officially, some conductors have special "blockers" for the door, which will not allow an outsider to open it from the outside. Guides often ask for money for them. You can also ask the conductor for the key to the door, but not the fact that he will be available.
8. It is better to take money for a trip in the form of a bank card, but if you have cash, then it is best to keep it in different places inaccessible to anyone except you. The best storage option is exclusively with you.
9. It is better not to smoke on the road - this is on the advice of doctors, but during the trip there are specially designated places for this.
10. When leaving the train at intermediate stations, be sure to find out about the parking time and note the time, otherwise the train may leave without you. Remember that if you are late and run after the train in the hope that it will stop for you, then this will not happen: the conductor has no right in such cases to press the stop-crane, and the locomotive crew most likely will not notice you, and even stop the train she can only at the risk of being summoned to the leadership to give explanations.