Most modern automobile factories produce front-wheel drive passenger cars. However, there are those whose products are rear-wheel drive. It is worth noting that although it is considered to be outdated, it has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Rear-wheel drive benefits:
- it is more convenient to change gears, since the handle stroke is shorter due to the longitudinal installation of the engine. These cars are not equipped with a rocker device;
- there is no vibration due to the running engine. Due to the fact that the motor is installed longitudinally on the softening elements;
- a car with rear-wheel drive makes it easier to take turns. The reason for this is the reduced turning radius, as well as the front wheels setting only the direction without providing a drive;
- as soon as the gas pedal is pressed, the weight of the machine goes back. The rear wheels, therefore, are pressed to the surface and have high-quality grip;
- skidding is easier to predict, and also to eliminate it by reducing the speed;
Rear wheel drive disadvantages:
- high cost of cars with rear wheel drive;
- Reduction of space in the cabin due to the passage of the cardan tunnel;
- impaired patency in some cases.
If you want to make sure of all this, then we visit the car rental in st.Petersburg and conduct our own personal test. The results of which you can unsubscribe in the comments)