* In Russian and English, there is no word for the name of the back of the knee.
* A quarter of the bones of the human body are in the legs.
* Toenails grow 4 times slower than fingernails.
* An ordinary person walks eight to ten thousand steps per day.
* On average, a person travels a distance equal to four revolutions around the Earth during his life.
* One day of walking gives an average load equal to several hundred tons on the legs.
* Since the legs are used constantly, they are one of the most frequently damaged parts of our body.
* Overweight women are three times more likely to experience ankle pain than women of normal weight.
* Doctors recommend walking to their patients more often than any other activity.
* The thickest skin is found on a person's feet.
* During the day, the volume of a person's foot can change by 8%.
* When walking, only one leg touches the ground, it turns out that we walk on one leg all our lives.
* Babies are born without knee caps. They appear only at the age of 2 - 6 years.
* Human legs are composed of 26 bones and 33 joints.
* Women are four times more likely to have foot problems than men.
* Each step when walking puts on the feet a load equal to twice the body weight, and when running - the load is three to four times more than the original weight.
* The longest bone is the femur, its length is usually 27.5% of a person's height.
* When walking, the foot is in contact with the ground for 0.6 s, and when running at a speed of 12 km / h - 0.25 s.
* There are 250, 000 excretory sweat glands on the feet.
* When cycling on a hard surface, the legs are capable of delivering about 250 watts (1/3 horsepower).