More than 100 Interesting facts about a person, about health, the human body and its unique structure.
1. The only part of the body that does not have a blood supply is the cornea of the eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
2. The capacity of the human brain exceeds 4 terabytes.
3. Up to seven months, the baby can breathe and swallow at the same time.
4. Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
5. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop, even the heart.
6. The nerve impulse from the brain moves at a speed of 274 km / h.
7. One human brain generates more electrical impulses in one day than all the phones in the world put together.
8. The average human body contains enough sulfur to kill all fleas on an average dog, carbon to make 900 pencils, potassium to fire a toy gun, fat to make 7 bars of soap, and enough water to fill a 50 liter barrel. ...
9. The human heart pumps 48 million gallons of blood in its lifetime.
10. 50, 000 cells in your body die off and are replaced with new ones while you read this sentence.
11. The embryo acquires fingerprints from the age of 3 months.
12. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
13. A man named Charles Osborne hiccups for 6 years.
14. Right-handed people live on average nine years longer than left-handers.
15. About two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when kissing.
16. Man forgets 90% of his dreams.
17. The total length of blood vessels in the human body is approximately 100, 000 kilometers.
18. In spring, the respiratory rate is on average one third higher than in autumn.
19. By the end of life, a person memorizes an average of 150 trillion bits of information.
20. 80% of the heat of the human body leaves the head.
21. When you blush, your stomach turns red too.
22. The feeling of thirst appears with a loss of water equal to one percent of body weight. A loss of more than 5% can lead to fainting, and more than 10% to death from withering.
23. At least 700 enzymes work in the human body.
23. Humans are the only creatures that sleep on their backs.
24. On average, a 4-year-old child asks 450 questions a day.
25. Koalas besides people have unique fingerprints.
26. Only 1% of bacteria cause disease in humans.
27. All people on the planet can be comfortably packed into a cube with a side of 1, 000 meters.
28. The scientific name of the navel is umbilicus.
29. A tooth is the only part of the human body that is incapable of self-healing.
30. The average time it takes for a person to fall asleep is 7 minutes.
31. A right-hander chews most of the food on the right side of the jaw, and vice versa, a left-hander - on the left.
32. In the world, only 7% are left-handed.
33. The scent of apples and bananas helps to lose weight.
34. The length of the hair on the head, grown on average by a person during his life, is 725 kilometers.
35. Among people who can move their ears, only one third can move one ear.
36. The average person swallows 8 small spiders in his entire life.
37. The total weight of bacteria living in the human body is 2 kilograms.
38. 99% of all calcium in the body is found in the teeth.
39. Human lips are hundreds of times more sensitive than fingertips. A real kiss increases the heart rate to a frequency of 100 or more beats per minute.
40. The absolute strength of the chewing muscles on one side is 195 kilograms.
41. During a kiss, 278 different cultures of bacteria are transmitted from one person to another. Fortunately, 95% of them are harmless.
42. Parthenophobia is the fear of virgins.
43. Tooth enamel is the hardest tissue produced by the human body.
44. If you collect all the iron contained in the human body, you get only a small screw for a watch.
45. There are over 100 different viruses that cause the common cold.
46. A kiss of sufficient duration is much better than chewing gum at normalizing the acidity in the oral cavity.
47. Bumping your head against a wall can burn 150 calories per hour.
48. Man is the only representative of the animal world capable of drawing straight lines.
49. During a lifetime, human skin is replaced about 1000 times.
50. A person who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day will prescribe half a cup of tar a year.
51. Women blink about 2 times less often than men.
52. The human body contains only 4 minerals: apatite, aragonite, calcite and cristobalite.
53. A real passionate kiss triggers the same chemical reactions in the brain as skydiving and pistol shooting.
54. Men are considered to be dwarfs with a height below 130 cm, women - below 120 cm.
55. Fingernails grow about 4 times faster than toenails.
56. People with blue eyes are more sensitive to pain than everyone else.
57. Nerve impulses in the human body move at a speed of about 90 meters per second.
58. In the human brain, 100, 000 chemical reactions take place in one second.
59. Children are born without knee caps. They only appear at the age of 2-6 years.
60. If one of the identical twins lacks one or another tooth, as a rule, the same tooth is missing in the other twin.
61. The surface area of human lungs is approximately equal to the area of a tennis court.
62. On average, a person spends 2 weeks on a kiss in his entire life.
63. Blondes grow beards faster than brunettes.
64. Leukocytes in the human body live 2-4 days, and erythrocytes - 3-4 months.
65. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
66. The size of a person's heart is approximately equal to the size of his fist. The weight of an adult's heart is 220-260 grams.
67. From the moment of birth, there are already 14 billion cells in the human brain, and this number does not increase until death. On the contrary, after 25 years, it decreases by 100 thousand per day. In a minute you spend reading a page, about 70 cells die. After 40 years, brain degradation accelerates rapidly, and after 50, neurons (nerve cells) dry out and the volume of the brain shrinks.
68. At birth, there are about 300 bones in a child's body; in adulthood, there are only 206 of them.
69. The human small intestine during life has a length of about 2.5 meters. After his death, when the musculature of the intestinal wall relaxes, its length reaches 6 meters.
70. The right lung of a person contains more air than the left.
71. An adult takes about 23, 000 breaths (and exhalations) a day.
72. The smallest cells in a man's body are sperm cells.
73. There are about 40, 000 bacteria in the human mouth.
74. There are about 2, 000 taste buds in the human body.
75. Human eye. able to distinguish 10, 000, 000 color shades.
76. The chemical compound responsible for the ecstasy of love (phenylethylamine) is present in chocolate.
77. The human heart creates pressure, which is sufficient to raise the blood to the level of the 4th floor.
78. In a dream, a person burns more calories than while watching TV.
79. Children grow fastest in spring.
80. Every year more than two thousand left-handers die due to errors in the operation of mechanisms designed for right-handers.
81. It turns out that every three hundredth man has the opportunity to satisfy himself orally.
82. A person uses 17 muscles when smiling and 43 when frowning.
83. By the age of 60, most people lose half of their taste buds ..
84. As you know, people are animals too. However, we are the only ones who can copulate face to face.
85. During a man's flight in an airplane, his hair growth rate doubles.
86. One percent of people can see infrared and one percent can see ultraviolet radiation.
87. If you are locked in a completely closed room, then you will die from carbon dioxide poisoning, not due to lack of air.
88. On average, a person spends two weeks of his life standing at a traffic light.
89. According to statistics, only one person in 2 billion crosses the threshold of 116 years.
90. A normal person laughs five times a day.
91. On average, a person speaks 4, 800 words in 24 hours.
92. The retina inside the eye covers about 650 sq. Mm and contains 137 million light-sensitive cells: 130 million sticks for black and white vision and seven million cones for color vision.
93. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
94. In the morning, a person is about 8 millimeters taller than in the evening.
95. The focusing muscles of the eye move 100, 000 times a day. For the leg muscles to make the same number of contractions, you need to walk 80 kilometers (50 miles) a day.
96. The average person produces 1.43 pints of sweat per day.
97. Cough is an explosive charge of air that moves at speeds up to 60 miles / hour.
98. According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Monday than any other day of the week.
99. Bone is five times stronger than steel.
100. It is impossible to sneeze with open eyes.
101. Ingrown nails are a hereditary trait.
102. A normal person will die from a complete lack of sleep faster than from hunger. Death will occur after about 10 days without sleep, while from hunger - after a few weeks.
103. The average lifespan is 2, 475, 576, 000 seconds, we speak an average of 123, 205, 750 words, have sex 4, 239 times, and release 121 pints of tears.