10 interesting real medical facts
1. The highest body temperature was recorded in 1980 in a certain Willie Jones from Atlanta, Georgia. On admission to the hospital, it turned out to be 46.5 degrees Celsius. The patient was discharged from the hospital after 24 days.
2. The lowest documented human body temperature was recorded on 23 February 1994 in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, by 2-year-old Karlie Kozolofsky. After the door of her house was accidentally locked, and the girl remained in the cold for 6 hours at a temperature of -22 degrees Celsius, her temperature was 14.2 degrees.
3. In the stomach of a 42-year-old woman who suffered from compulsive swallowing of objects, 2533 foreign bodies were found, including 947 safety pins. At the same time, the woman complained of "mild abdominal pain."
4. The heaviest object that has ever been removed from the human stomach was a hairball weighing 2.35 kg. There is a disease in which patients eat hair - trichophagia.
5. The largest number of pills was taken by a certain K. Kilner from Zimbabwe. For 21 years of treatment, he took 565, 939 pills.
6. Most of the injections were given to Samuel Deivdson from Great Britain. He has received at least 78, 900 injections of insulin throughout his life.
7. Charles Jensen from the USA suffered the most operations. In the period from 1954 to 1994, he underwent 970 operations to remove neoplasms.
8. The longest in history was the operation to remove the ovarian cyst. It lasted 96 hours. After the operation, the patient's weight dropped from 280 to 140 kg.
9. The longest cardiac arrest was experienced by fisherman Jan Revsdal from Norway. After he fell overboard in the Bergen area in December and his body temperature dropped to 24 degrees, his heart stopped for 4 hours. He recovered after being hooked up to a heart-lung machine.
10. The biggest overloads happened to the racer David Purley in July 1977. During the race there was a disaster, and Purley had to endure a speed reduction from 173 km / h to zero on a segment of only 66 cm. He suffered 29 fractures and 3 dislocations and his heart stopped 6 times.