A selection of incredible facts about animals - another collection of facts for those who like to be smart in front of friends - a joke)
1. In 1474, in the Swiss city of Basel, a rooster who laid an egg was accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake with the egg. However, already in the 20th century, the French scientist Pesar experimentally proved that as a result of infectious diseases in birds, involuntary sex change is possible. As a result of this discovery in 1947, a rooster burned at the stake of the Inquisition 500 years ago was posthumously acquitted by the court of the same city of Basel.
2. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 235 Americans are admitted to the hospital a day with injuries from "collisions" with their pets. Basically, 88% of the time, Americans stumble over their dogs.
3. Dogs of the rare Turkish breed "Catalburun" have a forked nose. According to scientists, the reason for such an unusual appearance may be in inbreeding, that is, crossing of close relatives.
4. Koalas are the longest sleeping mammals, whose sleep can last up to 22 hours a day.
5. All cats have front and hind feet different in the number of toes. Five in the front, four in the back. For clarity, catch your woolen pet right now, he will show everything. There are, however, exceptions.
6. The howl of the Siberian Husky is most similar to the howling of a wolf.
7. If the female fox dies, then the male no longer looks for a mate and lives the rest of his life "single". However, if the male dies, then the female finds herself a new "gentleman".
8. Scientists have found that storks during flights can periodically fall asleep on the fly for 10 minutes.
9. Polyp hydra has a high regenerative capacity. If you cut a hydra in two, they both regenerate to a full-grown hydra. Hydras have been proven to be theoretically immortal.
10. Only Huskies supposedly eat human meat. This is due to a close relationship with wolves. However, the editorial staff of Nature found no confirmation of this.