10 unexpected properties of the microwave and at the same time useful tips for housewives.
1. To refresh the aroma of ground spices and seasonings, heat them at full power for thirty seconds.
2. If you wrap stale bread in a paper towel and heat it at full power for one minute, the bread will feel fresh again.
3. Almonds are easy to peel if you put them in boiling water and heat them for thirty seconds at full power.
4. Walnuts are easy to peel by heating them in water for four to five minutes at full power.
5. An orange or grapefruit can be easily peeled from the white pulp if heated for thirty seconds at full power.
6. In the microwave, you can quickly and easily dry the zest of oranges and grapefruits.
Place it on paper towels and heat at full power for two minutes. Stir the zest while heating.
After cooling, it becomes dry and brittle. Store dried rind in a tightly sealed container.
7. The microwave oven will help to squeeze the juice out of a lemon or orange almost to a drop, even with very thick citrus peels. Heat the fruit for a few minutes in the microwave, let it cool and you can easily squeeze the juice out of it.
8. In the microwave you can dry greens, vegetables, as well as crackers and nuts for the winter.
9. You can melt the candied honey in 1-2 minutes.
10. In the microwave, you can knock out the stubborn smell from the cutting boards - they need to be washed, rubbed with lemon and "fried" in the microwave.