Interesting Facts "Man" Interesting Facts about the Human Body
- Clean, intact skin has the ability to kill germs. This is confirmed by this experience. 30 million microbes were applied to the area of clean skin. An hour later there were only 720 thousand, and after two - only 7 thousand.
- During sleep, about 5 liters of air per minute pass through our lungs, when we sit - 6 liters, and while skating - up to 20 liters or more.
- It has been experimentally proven that a person speaks at an average speed of 125-160 words per minute, but thinks with the same words three times faster.
- There are four kinds of taste cells that give a person the four main taste sensations: bitter, sweet, sour and salty.
- Interestingly, different parts of the tongue are differently susceptible to taste stimuli: the tip of the tongue is most sensitive to salty and sweet and somewhat weaker to sour, the edges of the tongue to sour, the base of the tongue to bitter.
- The intestinal canal of an adult is 4 times as long as his height, and the intestinal canal of a child is 6 times.
- If our body were covered with a heat-impermeable case, like a thermos, instead of skin, then in an hour the body temperature would rise by about one and a half degrees, and in forty hours it would reach the Boiling Point. An adult, even without doing any work, generates as much heat as a 50-watt light bulb.
- With gradual heating, the human body in dry air is able to withstand not only the boiling point - about 100 degrees, but sometimes even higher - up to 160 degrees Celsius. However, it is necessary that the body does not come into direct contact with the heat source and that the heated air is dry.
- Only one in 2 million people live to be 116 or more.
- In 1 year, our heart pumps approximately 1, 500, 00 liters of blood through the body.
Human eyes do not grow from birth, but the nose and ears never stop growing.
- If humans had the same mortality rate as in the 1900s, over half of the world's people would be dead.
- The average adult can read 150 to 200 words per minute and the average person's vocabulary is 5, 000 to 7, 000 words.
- Our scalp hair grows at a rate of 0.35mm per day, and our nails usually grow at a rate of 0.1mm per day. It will take about 3 months to grow a new nail.
- 30, 000 of the cells in your body will die and be replaced by new cells as you read this web page.
- The longest bone in the human body is the thigh.
- Doctors have noticed that most people who stutter do it less often when talking to pets.
- More than 6% of the population donate blood.
- The reason you don't laugh when you tickle yourself is because your brain expects and ignores your own touch.