A professor at the university asked his students this question:
- Is everything that exists created by God?
One student boldly replied:
- Yes, it was created by God.
- God created everything? The professor asked.
“Yes, sir, ” the student replied.
The professor asked:
- If God created everything, then God created evil, since it exists. And according to the principle that our deeds determine ourselves, then God is evil.
The student became quiet upon hearing this answer. The professor was very pleased with himself. He boasted to the students that he had proved once again that belief in God is a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said:
- May I ask you a question, professor?
“Of course, ” he replied.
The student got up and asked:
- Professor, does the cold exist?
- What a question? Of course there is. Have you never felt cold?
The students laughed at the young man's question. And he replied:
“Actually, sir, cold doesn't exist. According to the laws of physics, what we think of as cold is actually the absence of heat. A person or thing can be examined to see if it has or transmits energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees Fahrenheit) is a complete lack of heat. All matter becomes inert and unable to react at this temperature. Cold does not exist. We created this word to describe how we feel when there is no warmth.
The student continued:
- Professor, does darkness exist?
- Of course it does.
“You're wrong again, sir. Darkness also does not exist. Darkness is really the absence of light. We can study light, but not darkness. We can use a Newtonian prism to decompose white light into many colors and study the different wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can burst into the world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you tell how dark a space is? You measure how much light is presented. Is not it? Darkness is a concept that a person uses to describe what happens when there is no light.
Then the young man asked the professor:
- Sir, does evil exist?
This time hesitantly, the professor replied:
- Of course, as I said. We see him every day. Violence between people, many crimes and violence around the world. These examples are nothing more than a manifestation of evil.
To this the student replied:
“Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist for himself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is like darkness and cold: a man-made word to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not faith or love, which exist like light and warmth. Evil is the result of the absence of Divine love in a person's heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or like the darkness that comes when there is no light.
The student's name was Albert Einstein.