Interesting Facts »Science» Interesting Facts About Water
You put a container of hot water and a container of cold water in the freezer. Which one will freeze first? Logically, it should be cold water. But a high school student from Tanzania named Eresto Mpemba in 1963 was able to prove otherwise, hot water is the first to freeze. This interesting fact about water is now called the Mpemba Effect.
- Water has many states, at least 5 states of water in liquid and 14 in frozen state .. Strange but interesting facts about water - when cooled down to -120 ° C, water becomes viscous and viscous, and at -135 ° C, the water becomes solid, but perfectly transparent. Scientists call this phenomenon “smooth water”.
- Did you know that a person can go without food for a month, but can live without water for only one week?
- Interestingly water makes up 85 percent of the body and covers more than two-thirds of the planet's surface.
- Carbonated drinks became popular in 1832 after John Matthews invented the carbon dioxide charging device for water.
- In 1832, Scottish surgeon Neil Arnott developed waterbeds to improve patient comfort.
- 90 percent of the value of a bottle of water in a store is made up of a bottle and a sticker.
- There are various ways to calculate human water requirements. As a general guideline, you can simply follow the field-based rule. Men consume approximately 3 liters (about 13 cups) of drinks per day, while women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of drinks per day.
- In developing countries, 24, 000 children under the age of five die every day from infections associated with drinking dirty water.
- Interesting fact about water, according to UN estimates, by 2025, forty-eight countries, with a total population of 2.8 billion, will face a shortage of fresh water.